DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT
JC Dems Minutes
October 6, 2020
Bomber Mt. Civic Center – Wyoming Room
DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT
Chairman, Treasurer, SCM, 2 precinct committeemen and committeewomen, 2 others.
Call to Order:
Meeting was called to order at 7:07 pm. Mary Jo agreed to take notes for minutes. Folks introduced themselves. Allegiance to the flag, republic and justice for all was pledged. Chair asked for any motions to alter the agenda. Added followup discussion re: offer to campaigns of ad funding in Johnson County.
Announcements and Reports:
Treasurer’s Reported current balance and summarized the past month’s transactions. Greg submitted receipts for reimbursement for domain name registration.
Minutes of the Sept 1, 2020 meeting were approved as written.
- Greg has contacted both Ben-David and Grey Bull campaigns regarding offer from last meeting. He updated those present on what he’d learned and the lack of meaningful response and his thoughts about why that may be the case. Some discussion about alternatives took place. Greg will follow up.
- Greg reported on post card sending sessions and letter to the editor class the WDP offered.
- Greg reported on yard signs coming from campaigns over the next several days. He will be communicating via email listserv as that situation develops.
- Greg noted that Grey Bull is offering hand-made campaign masks to the first 100 people who donate $25 or more. Visit https://secure.actblue.com/donate/gbmasks.
- Discussion about David Romtvedt as write-in candidate for JCSD1 school board. Nobody in the room had first hand confirmation of his acceptance or current interest in being a write-in candidate. Discussion about use of postcard writing effort to support his candidacy. Further discussion suggestions about list of addresses and purpose of future postcard round. Another brief meeting will be planned for Wednesday October 14, 2020 to distribute addresses and decide postcard language. Room 108 at 5:00pm.
- Discussion about flags and yard signs. Discussion about Jim’s letter to the editor and the events described therein.
Announcements from the floor:
- No announcements nor motions from the floor.
- Postcard meeting Oct. 14 at 5pm in room 108 of Bomber Mtn Civic Center.
- Next month meeting Nov. 4, 2020 at 7pm in room 108 of BMC.
Adjournment: at 8:25.
Respectfully submitted by Greg Haas, Chairman