JC Dems Minutes – Feb. 2, 2021 – Bomber Mtn. Civic Center
Greg Haas (C), Lois Petersen (S), Jim Shell, (T), and Dudley Case, Sharon Case, and Bill McIntyre with Mitch Black joining the meeting via Zoom.
Meeting was called to order at 7pm.
Since online meetings may continue for a while, motion was made by Lois to upgrade our Zoom account to a paid version (on a month to month basis) to allow longer meeting time. Seconded by Dudley. Motion passed.
* Jim reported our current balance.
* Motion to pay yearly fee for post office box was made by Jim, seconded by Lois, and passed.
* Jim reported Mark Bentley (307 Radio) had never heard back from the Greybull campaign about providing local ads, so did no ads and received no money. Greg will write to Nina Hebert at WDP to find out how the $500 sent to Greybull by JC Dems for local ads was spent.
* Minutes of the Jan. 5 meeting were approved as written.
Announcements from the Chair:
* Greg shared info on various free training opportunities available through the National Democratic Training Committee, Equality State Policy Center, and WY Dem. Party. Dudley recommended we participate in the Member Recruitment and Retention of Local Democratic Parties trainings.
* Dudley reported on his contacts with Dems in precinct 04-07. He suggested we need to get email addresses for many more of our party members to improve communication. Those he contacted by phone were helpful in providing topics they would like to see explored by the County Central Committee and guest speakers, and were open to precinct-level social gatherings. Dudley will also contact members in precinct 04-08 and Mitch will contact Dems in precinct 03-02. Mitch will report on his contacts at our March meeting, Dudley will report at our April meeting.
*Continued the ongoing discussion of precinct level involvement. Greg reiterated the structure of the party: Precinct Committee People make up the County Central Committee, who, collectively, elect the officers of the County Party. Without precinct committee people, we’re really just skipping the roots, the purpose of the party, really. [added to minutes when publishing. -Greg]
Our County Reorganization Meeting is set for March 20 at 10am and will be conducted via Zoom. Election of County Officers, who also comprise the delegation to State Central Committee, will take place at this meeting. Major planning for this event will take place at our March meeting.
*Meeting adjourned at 9:05 pm.
* Tues., Mar. 2, 7 pm – at Bomber Mountain and via ZOOM.