Minutes March 2, 2021
JC Dems Minutes – March 2, 2021 – Bomber Mt.
In Attendance: Greg Haas (C), Lois Petersen (S), Jim Shell, (T), and Dudley Case, Sharon Case, Mitch Black, Bill McIntyre and Massimo Haas.
Meeting was called to order at 7pm.
Minutes of the Feb. 2nd meeting were approved as amended.
Treasure reported our current account balances after paying the annual post office box fee and receiving donations.
* Greg has contacted the WDP and Greybull campaign asking for an account of our $500 donation to the Greybull campaign; no response on that issue yet.
* Greg reported that some county parties raise money and award scholarships to graduating HS seniors. He would like the JC Dems to adopt this practice in coming years, awarding on the basis of essays that reflect principles of the Democratic Party.
* Mitch reported on his efforts to contact Dems in precinct 03-02. Comments from those he was able to reach via phone included an interest in social events for Dems. Also, one person suggested a message to Liz Cheney thanking her for standing up for democracy as related to the 2020 election.
* Our County Reorganization Meeting is set for March 20 at 10am, and will be conducted via Zoom as per motion by Lois/Dudley – carries. Please be sure to register at https://jcdemswyo.org/zoom. Election by County Central Committee of officers (Chair, Vice Chair, Secretary, Treasurer, State Committeeman, State Committeewoman) will take place at this meeting. Notice of the meeting will be made to the County Clerk (Greg), Buffalo Bulletin (Mitch), and via email and post cards to each registered JC Democrat. Motion to purchase post cards made by Mitch/Jim – carries.
Announcements from the floor:
* Lois reported on the Sheridan County Dems Action Group meeting she attended via Zoom. Good discussion format.
* HJ0005 (Protecting Wyoming Citizens’ Voices) – a bill proposing an amendment to the US Constitution to allow states to regulate all monies raised and spent for political purposes – is now before our state legislators. Please contact State Rep. Barry Crago (307)267-9789 asking his support for this bill.
* Medicaid Expansion – there is now extra incentive for states to expand Medicaid protection for their citizens. Please read the following article and then contact your state legislators in support of this way to actually MAKE money for the state while providing necessary health insurance coverage to all WY citizens. https://trib.com/opinion/columns/martin-if-congress-offers-wyoming-funding-today-will-we-take-it/article_14d7abf0-a665-5450-8fb0-ab267b98d88d.html
* JC Dems Forum Luncheon – Please come! Bill McIntyre invites all JC Dems to lunch at noon on Wed., March 24 at the Bozeman Steak House. This event provides a forum for Dems to meet and chat with other Dems. (Meal purchases, paid by each attendee, help support our local restaurants.)
Adjournment: Meeting adjourned at 8:50 pm.
County Party Elections (Reorganization mtg) Sat., March 20, 2021 at 10am via Zoom
Tues., April 6, 2021, 7 pm – at Bomber Mountain and via ZOOM.